A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire: major improvements
Construction work on the new A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon scheme is
underway. We are currently carrying out a variety of tasks for which we need to close lanes or carriageways on the A1, A14 and some local roads at times, usually overnight between 8pm and 6am, unless otherwise stated. A clearly signed diversion route will always be in place for closures.
For this week, the planned closures are:
Monday 10 to Friday 14 (five nights)
- A1 southbound to A14 eastbound link Brampton Interchange junction 22Vehicles will be diverted from A1M to A605 westbound to join the A14 eastbound at Thrapston junction 13.
- A14 eastbound Swavesey junction 24 exit slip
Vehicles will be diverted to continue on A14 to Bar Hill junction 25 and returnon the westbound carriageway
- A14 westbound Bar Hill junction 25 exit slipVehicles will be diverted to continue on A14 to Swavesey junction 24b and return on eastbound carriagewayMonday 10 to Tuesday 11 (two nights)
- A1 northbound Brampton Hut exit slipVehicles will be diverted north to Alconbury to then use A1 southbound and either continue south or exit for access to Brampton Hut roundabout
- A1 northbound Brampton Hut entry slip
Vehicles will be diverted east along A141 and then north at Spittalsroundabout to the A1307 spur road to re-join the A1 northbound at Alconbury
- A141 eastbound link New Ellington junction 21 to Brampton Hut roundaboutVehicles will be diverted east on the A605 at junction 13 then south on the A1(M) to the A605 to re-join the A14 at junction 21
Wednesday 12 to Friday 14 (three nights)
• A14 westbound Boxworth/Services junction 24a exit slip
Vehicles will be signposted to exit the A14 via the next slip road, Swavesey junction 24b
Thursday 13 to Friday 14 (two nights)
• M11 northbound to A14 eastbound link Girton junction 31
Vehicles will be diverted to continue on A14 westbound to Swavesey junction 24b, exit and return on A14 eastbound for access to Girton junction 31
Saturday 15 (one night) 9pm – 8am
• Brampton Road B1514 between station car park and Edison Bell Way
Vehicles on the Huntingdon town centre side will be diverted onto the ring road, St Peters Road to A141 west to Brampton / Brampton Racecourse junction and into Brampton via B1514. Vehicles on the Brampton side of the closure will follow this diversion in reverse.
For more information about this scheme, visit https://highwaysengland.co.uk/a14- cambridge-to-huntingdon-improvement-scheme-home/ , or stay updated by following us on https://twitter.com/a14c2h and https://en-gb.facebook.com/A14C2H/.