We are emailing on behalf of Victoria Atkins MP to share an update on the support that is available for households and businesses who were flooded as result of Storm Babet.
Victoria thought it may be helpful to set out the support that is available to constituents, businesses and households. Details on how to apply or how to register an interest in applying have now been published for each of the government measures which we’ve set out briefly below.
- Community Recovery Grant – up to £500 hardship funding. This funding is provided by the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities and distributed by East Lindsey District Council. Applications can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Council Tax Discount – 100% Council Tax relief for at least 3 months. This is funded by the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities and distributed by East Lindsey District Council. Applications can be made by emailing email@example.com or on 01507 601111; select “Council Tax” and hold to speak with an advisor.
- Business Rates Relief – 100% Business Rates Relief for at least 3 months. This is funded by Central Government and distributed by East Lindsey District Council. Please contact East Lindsey District Council for further details on 01507 601111 selecting “Business Rates” or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Property Flood Resilience Repair Grant Scheme – Eligible property owners can apply for up to £5,000 to help make their property more resilient to future flooding. This funding is distributed by Lincolnshire County Council. Applications can be made via lincolnshire.gov.uk/floodgrants. The scheme expires in early 2025. The Council is asking eligible property owners to register as soon as you are able to, to avoid any delay to your claim.
- Business Recovery Grant – Small-to-medium sized businesses in affected areas will be eligible for up to £2,500 to help them return quickly to business as usual. This funding will be delivered by East Lindsey District Council. Businesses can register an intention to apply now by mailing Niki.Shepheard@boston.gov.uk, with their business name, address and a brief summary of how their business was impacted by Storm Babet. It is likely that the application window will be open throughout December, closing on the 31 December 2023.
Victoria would be grateful if you could please pass on this information of the support measures to those you know have been affected.
If you have any questions on support, please do not hesitate to contact Victoria’s office at email@example.com or on 01507 527 017.