|Tool theft in Cambridgeshire has doubled since last year, and we’re on a mission to help you keep your valuable equipment safe |
Whether you rely on tools for your profession or engage in DIY projects at home, these crucial tips below will deter tool-snatching thieves
* Store your tools in a locked and well-lit area, preferably out of sight from potential thieves.
* Invest in motion-activated lights and CCTV to act as a deterrent and capture any suspicious activity.
* Avoid leaving tools in your vehicle overnight. If not possible, ensure you park your vehicle in a secure location and your tools are locked in a secure box inside.
* Consider installing an alarm system that alerts you if there has been a break in.
* Mark your tools with a unique identification number. You can also register your tools at www.immobilise.com , to help us identify owners of recovered stolen tools.
* Be cautious of purchasing tools online and ensure you’re dealing with legitimate sellers.
Remember, if you see something suspicious, report it to us as soon as possible calling 101, or online at 👉 https://bit.ly/3Me9YvW
For more crime prevention advice visit 👉 https://bit.ly/3HTso2v