The Parish Council are aware of the concern about news reports on the spread of Covid-19 – or Coronavirus. This continues to be a fast moving issue, which is being carefully monitored by Public Health England (PHE).
However, there are some really simple steps we can all take to get into good habits to protect ourselves and others to stop the spread of viruses and germs including Coronavirus.
- Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds, and use soap and hot water.
- Particularly remember to wash your hands after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas or travelling on public transport.
- We can all reduce the spread of all germs when we cough or sneeze, by covering mouths and noses with a tissue, or a sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately in a closed bin
- Keep up to date with information from trusted sources – like
- Public Health England – five things you can do to protect yourself and your community
- For updates see the NHS dedicated Coronavirus webpage
This information was received from Cambs County Council on the 10th March. The Parish Council would advise parishioners to continue to check with the Government, Public Health England and NHS advice pages for the latest guidance